Sunday, January 25, 2009

Sea Change


Yes, I have some new decor thanks to the folks at Jelly Pages. Since the novel I'm working on is nautical by nature, I thought it was time for a seafaring makeover. This format helps me focus on the task at hand, and I hope it puts you, my readers, into a "rudder and tackle" frame of mind- minus the sea sickness of course.

The title of the novel is Good Hope. It chronicles the adventures of Randall Grayson, a modern, middle-aged business man who joins the effort to recreate a historic voyage to the tip of Africa aboard the Elissa, the official Tall Ship of Texas.

The story of Good Hope began as a National Novel Writing Month project back in December 2007. Now, three re-writes later, it is the subject of a Six Month novel writing project that the members of the Humble Fiction Cafe' have selected as our 2009 project. We have specific goals to reach each month, and the intent is to have a finished product available for review on July 4th of this year.

This will pose as a double adventure for me. Good Hope was my first completed novel, but revising it into a manuscript for publication will be a unique experience and no easy task. Secondly, much like my main character, I'm very likely in over my head, but as I persevere I will be able to keep you up to date on the tragedies and triumphs along the way.

It will be an interesting six months, so strap yourselves into your bunks, and get ready to take on water, because this is indeed an adventure of fictional proportions.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, this looks quite interesting. I am signing up to receive your blog, thanks for letting me come along.

Dorlana said...

Wow! It looks really cool. I really like the ship in the background.

GmanD said...

I'm glad the changes are getting noticed! If you check the comments, and you're a fan of all things piratey and nautical, please do yourself a favor and click on the Good Tidings Nautical Decor tag in the first comment. You will get a look inside their store and the wares they have to offer. Looking over their stuff should excuse me from my next deadline for no other reason than the drool on my keyboard.

Sheryl Lynn said...

Great new look and of course, very fitting indeed!